Welcome to Lambda!
Welcome back to term 4 we have a busy and exciting term ahead.
In Lambda we have a strong focus on goal setting and growth mind set. Students are setting goals for themselves and planning how they will achieve their goals
- Be safe and responsible
- Organised and ready to learn
- Be a team player
- Be respectful of others
- We use our manners
A few things to look forward to this term include;
- Surf fun day (year 6)
- Year 6 mini fete
- Year 6 Farewell
- Presentation Day
- Young teen talk (year 6)
Reading Groups run Monday to Thursday
- Students are placed in a group at their appropriate reading level. Groups will move through an activity rotation incorporating guided reading, written comprehension, verbal comprehension, visual literacy and vocabulary tasks.
- We love having parent helpers during reading groups
- Weekly tests are taken. Spelling program is based around the ‘Stage 3 Jolly Phonics?' program.
- The Text Type being studied this term are Informative texts. Text Type units involve all areas of reading, writing, talking and listening.
- Punctuation/Grammar- Is incorporated into lessons on text types and word studies as well as being explicitly taught in writing rescue and ‘Jolly Grammar?' programs.
- Will be integrated into learning and research. Students will have opportunities to use their laptops during reading groups, maths groups, science activities and writing as well as for any other activity which they may be required.
- Useful websites (each child has personalised logins)
- Students have 1 library session a week with Laura Rhodes on Monday.
- Students will explore Bushfire Mitigation focusing on identifying risk factors and safety strategies.
- Maths is generally middle session Monday to Thursday. There is explicit teaching time each day as well as group activities that they rotate through.
- Homework is handed out Monday of odd weeks (weeks 1,3,5 & 7) and is expected to be handed in Friday of even weeks (weeks 2, 4, 6 & 8).
Please ensure your child has appropriate supplies to prepare them for their learning. Termly supply list;
- Headphones for visual literacy and online content (optional)
- Wooden Ruler
- Blue pens
- Red pens
- HB pencils
- Coloured pencils
- Glue Sticks
- A4 Homework book
- 1 small pencil case to easily fit under desks
- 1 water bottle for Crunch N Sip
- White out/white out tape will not be required